Go to the CHP Home PageAbout CHPPractice Areas at CHPMeet the CHP AttorneysLatest Legal News from CHPLegal Resources from CHPCareers at CHPContact CHP

Practice Areas


Appellate Law
Business Litigation
Corporate & Business Services
Creditor Rights
Criminal Defense
Domestic Relations
Employment Law
Estate Planning
Homeowners & Condominium
Association Law

Juvenile Law
Labor Law
Land Use & Zoning
Landlord & Tenant Law
Municipal Law
Personal Injury
Probate Law
Product Liability
Real Estate
School Law
Traffic & DUI/OVI Law
Workers Compensation

Learn about Norm ChristleyLearn about Leigh HeringtonLearn about Ron HabowskiLearn about Tom ReitzLearn about Alan ShorrLearn about Doug PaulTed YatesLisa Lahrmer

Appellate Law at
Christley, Herington & Pierce

Experienced. Respected. Trusted.

Christley, Herington & Pierce can represent you before the Court of Appeals if you want to appeal the decision of a trial court, or if you must defend an appeal brought by the opposing party. CHP also represents parties in appeals to the Supreme Court of Ohio.

CHP attorneys can represent you before the appellate court on a matter that we were involved with at trial. Christley, Herington & Pierce can represent you on appeal even if a lawyer from another law firm represented you at trial. Christley, Herington & Pierce represents clients in appeals of traffic, criminal and civil cases.

In traffic and criminal cases, our lawyers represent defendants who wish to appeal pretrial rulings of the trial court, such as the trial court’s refusal to suppress evidence. We also represent clients who wish to appeal their conviction or the sentence that the trial court imposed. Christley, Herington & Pierce’s lawyers represent clients in appeals from civil cases, either as the appellant or the appellee.

If you believe that the trial court in your case made an error and you would like to appeal the trial court’s decision, or if you want to appeal the decision of a court of appeals to the Ohio Supreme Court, you must contact an attorney immediately. There is a limited amount of time within which you must file your notice of appeal if you wish to appeal a court’s decision.

The following attorneys practice appellate law: